Apple’s annual developer conference, WWDC 2020 is taking place completely online this year because of the Coronavirus. However, there will still be all the usual announcements and unveils at the event. That’s why I’m very excited to check out the WWDC keynote this year. If you are in the same boat, here’s how to watch WWDC 2020 online for free.
What Time is WWDC 2020
WWDC 2020 keynote is scheduled for June 22 at 10am PDT. Here’s what that means in different time zones across the world.
- US West Coast: Monday 22 June at 10am (PDT)
- Central US: Monday 22 June at noon (CDT)
- US East Coast: Monday 22 June at 1pm (EDT)
- UK: Monday 22 June at 6pm (BST)
- Paris/central Europe: Monday 22 June at 7pm (CEST)
- New Delhi/India: Monday 22 June at 10.30pm (IST)
- Perth/western Australia/Singapore: Tuesday 23 June at 1am (AWST)
- Adelaide/central Australia: Tuesday 23 June at 2.30am (ACST)
- Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane/Canberra: Tuesday 23 June at 3am (AEST)
How to Watch WWDC 2020
There are a lot of ways to watch WWDC 2020. In fact, depending on the device you are going to watch on, your options can change. So we will cover all the ways you can watch WWDC 2020 online on Mac, iPad or iPhone, Apple TV, Windows 10 PC, or any other platform. Let’s check out all the options available to us.
How to Watch WWDC 2020 on Mac
If you’re a Mac user you have a ton of options to view the keynote live.
On a Web Browser
- You can use Safari to visit the Apple Events webpage and watch the stream live.
- This year, the company is also expected to host a stream on the main Apple website.
- If you’re a developer, you can also watch the keynote on the Apple developer website.
On the TV App
- You can use the built-in TV app to watch the keynote if you want. Here’s the link you have to go to. Right now this points to Apple’s iPhone 11 launch, but it will automatically redirect to the WWDC 2020 keynote.
Stream WWDC 2020 on iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch
If you’re an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch user, you can watch WWDC on your device as well without any hassles.
- You can head over to the Apple Events webpage to watch the stream, or
- You can launch the TV app on your device and watch the keynote there.
Watch WWDC 2020 Keynote on Apple TV
Apple TV users can easily watch the WWDC keynote this year in the TV app. The stream is available for anyone with an Apple TV that has the App Store and the TV app.
Earlier, the company used to stream the keynote in a dedicated Events app, but that’s a thing of the past now.
Watch WWDC 2020 on a Windows 10 PC
If you’re using a Windows 10 PC, you can watch the event live on the Apple website or the events page. However, bear in mind that you will need to use the latest version of Microsoft Edge in order to view the stream. You can download Microsoft Edge from this link.
WWDC 2020 YouTube Link
If none 0f the options above are suitable for you, you can also watch the keynote on YouTube. The stream is already scheduled, so you can even set a reminder if you want YouTube to remind you when the event starts. Here’s the YouTube link for the stream.
We are also embedding the YouTube stream on this page so you can watch along with us if you’d like.
Gear Up for WWDC 2020
So, are you all set for WWDC 2020? I know I am. I’m looking forward to the iOS 14 and macOS reveal, and I’m hoping for some cool new features in iOS 14. I’ll try to get my hands on a developer beta if I can, so check back to get all the latest news and information about WWDC 2020 and everything that happens at the event. Meanwhile, you should also check out our article on all the iOS 14 features and changes we expect this year.