So you were playing the recently released Call of Duty: Mobile and you got a great final kill? Maybe you just want to share your entire match on YouTube or with your friends on iMessage or WhatsApp. Well, these are situations where a screen recording is likely the best way to go about things, and if you’re on an iPhone and wondering how to record your iPhone screen, well I’ve got your back. In this article, I’ll be telling you all about how you can screen record on an iPhone, and the best part is, you don’t need to worry about using third party apps and what not. It’s built-in! Let’s check it out.
How to Screen Record on iPhone
After years of not being able to record screens on iPhone easily, Apple finally added a native screen recording feature with iOS 12; and, like most things Apple does, it’s feature rich and can record both system audio and audio from your microphone. It’s definitely handy. Here’s how you can use it:
Note: I’m showing this on an iPhone XS running iOS 12, but the method is exactly the same on every iPhone that has iOS 12 or later installed.
- Head over to Settings, and tap on “Control Center“. Here, tap on “Customise Controls“.
- Under “More Controls“, you’ll see “Screen Recording” along with a plus icon on its left. Tap on the plus icon to add screen recording to your Control Center.
- Now, just bring up the Control Center on your phone, and tap on the Screen Recording button. You’ll see a countdown from 3, after which your iPhone’s screen will start being recorded.
The best part about this, is that screen record on iOS automatically captures system audio, so if you’re recording a gameplay footage, you can easily get all the in-game sound and audio in your recording as well.
If you want, you can also record audio from your iPhone’s mic during the screen record. To do this, just follow the steps below.
- In the Control Center, 3D Touch (if you’re using a 3D Touch enabled iPhone), or long press on the screen record button. Now, tap on “Microphone” to turn it on.
That’s it, iOS will now record your screen along with audio from your iPhone’s microphone.
How to Record iPhone Screen without iOS 12
If you’re running an older iPhone and you can’t upgrade to iOS 12, or if you just don’t want to upgrade to iOS 12, there’s still a way you can screen record your iPhone. However, you’ll need a Mac, and a lightning cable to do this.
- Connect your iPhone to your MacBook with a Lightning cable. Once done, follow the rest of the steps.
- On your Mac, open QuickTime Player. In the File menu item, click on “New Movie Recording”.
- Click on the small arrow next to the record button, and under Camera, select “iPhone“.
That’s it, you’ll now be able to see your iPhone’s screen in QuickTime, and you can start recording it directly on your Mac. Pretty easy, right?
SEE ALSO: How to Take a Screenshot on iPhone
Easily Record iPhone Screen and Share Your Favourite Moments
Well those were the easiest ways to screen record in iOS. These methods work on all iOS devices, including iPads. Also, while I haven’t personally used iPadOS yet, I’m fairly certain this method will also work for capturing a screen recording in iPads running the latest iPadOS. What’s great about these methods is that they are built-in methods for recording an iPhone screen, which means they are safe to use and you don’t have to worry about some third-party app stealing your data or uploading your phone’s screen recordings to a random Chinese server. So, how often do you record your iPhone’s screen? Let us know in the comments below.