iOS 14 is here and it comes with a bunch of awesome new features. There are things like picture in picture mode, redesigned home screen and so much more. Apple will release the stable version of iOS 14 later this fall, but if you can’t wait, well we have got your back. The iOS 14 Public Beta is now here, so here’s how to install iOS 14 on any iPhone (compatible).
List of Phones Compatible with iOS 14
If you’re wondering whether or not your iPhone can run iOS 14, here are all the phones that support iOS 14:
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st gen)
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE 2020 (2nd gen)
If your phone is on the list, you can install iOS 14 on your iPhone right now.
How to Install iOS 14 Public Beta
Installing iOS 14 public beta is really easy. Here is what you need to do.
Note: Beta software can be buggy. It is advised that you back up your iPhone before installing iOS 14 public beta. Also, make sure you don’t install iOS 14 if you’re not comfortable with possibly having to restore your iPhone using iTunes, or the Finder on Mac.
- Launch Safari on your iPhone, and head over to the Apple beta software website.
- Here, tap on ‘Sign in’. You may have to scroll down a little to find this button. Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘enroll your iOS device‘ under the ‘Get Started’ section. The website will tell you some basic prep steps, including backing up your iPhone. Make sure you’ve done all that. Under step 2, you will find a button ‘Download profile‘; tap on this.
- Tap on ‘Allow’ and then tap on ‘Close‘
Okay, you have downloaded the beta profile but you still have to install it to get the iOS 14 beta on your iPhone. Here’s how to do that.
- Go to Settings -> General -> Profiles.
- Tap on the downloaded profile and then tap in ‘Install‘ in the top right corner.
- Enter your passcode and follow the prompts on the screen. You will have to restart your iPhone to complete the installation of the profile.
- Once your iPhone restarts. Go to ‘Settings -> General -> Software Update’. The new iOS 14 beta should show up. If it doesn’t don’t worry, sometimes it takes a while. Check again after a while.
Enjoy iOS 14 on your iPhone Right Now
Well that’s it. You can now enjoy all the cool new features of iOS 14 on your iPhone. There’s a lot to explore in iOS 14, including things like widgets on the home screen, back tap, sound recognition and so much more. Play around with the new software and let us know how you like it. Some bugs are expected, and if you notice anything strange, make sure you use the pre installed feedback assistant app to report bugs to Apple.