So you came across an interesting video on Twitter and you would like to save it to check it out later? Maybe you are at work and watching a dog video is not something that your boss will consider “productive work”, or maybe it is just something that you would like to save and share with friends and family, including the ones not on Twitter. Whatever the reason, if you are wondering how to save Twitter videos on your PC, Mac, iPhone, or Android smartphone, we have got you covered. Here are the best, and easiest solutions for how to download Twitter videos.
How to Download Twitter Videos
Download Twitter Videos on Mac or PC
If you are using a desktop, or a laptop, downloading a Twitter video is fairly straightforward. You don’t have to use any of those Twitter Video Downloader for Chrome extensions. After all, Chrome extensions usually have the ability to read all your browsing data, so I would suggest you stay away from them unless you are certain they are from a trusted developer. Anyway, if you are on a desktop web-browser, here is how to save Twitter videos:
- Open the Tweet containing the video you want to download. Right click on the video, and click on “Copy Video Address”.
- Now, head over to the Twitter Video Downloader website, paste the link, and click on “Download”.
- On the next page, you will see a bunch of options to let you choose the quality in which you want to download the video. Choose the one that suits your needs.
That’s it, you have successfully saved a Twitter video on your Mac or PC. That was simple, right?
There are a bunch of other websites you can use that perform basically the same function, but I prefer Twitter Video Downloader because it does not have any weird pop-ups or annoying full-page ads. So it’s just a great option for downloading Twitter videos on a desktop.
Download Twitter Videos on iPhone (iOS)
If you are using an iPhone, or an iPad running iOS 12 or above (and you probably are), you’ll be glad to know that downloading a Twitter video on iOS is really easy, thanks to Siri Shortcuts.
Earlier, you had to either download a third-party app and give it access to your Camera Roll, or you had to access one of the websites I mentioned above, but they are usually not very mobile friendly. However, with Siri Shortcuts, saving a Twitter video on iPhone is just a tap away. Here is what you need to do:
- Download the Twitter Video Downloader Siri Shortcut and add it to your Shortcuts.
- Now, open the Twitter app, and head over to the video you want to download. Tap on the “Share” button, tap the “Share Tweet via” button, and then choose “Twitter Video Downloader” from the list of options.
- You will have to grant a couple of permissions to the Siri Shortcut the first time you run it. These are required to allow it to save videos to your Photos app, and similar stuff. Don’t worry, it doesn’t do anything nefarious on your iPhone.
- You will then be able to choose a quality in which to download your video. Tap on the quality that works best for you, and voila! Your video will automatically be saved to your Camera Roll when it’s downloaded.
Easy, right? You can save any Twitter video or GIF using this Siri Shortcut and it works flawlessly.
Note: If you get an error while adding the Siri Shortcut to your iPhone, just head over to Settings -> Siri Shortcuts and enable the “Allow Untrusted Shortcuts” toggle.
Download Twitter Videos on Android
On Android, you’ll have to install a third party video downloader app, such as the one I’ve mentioned below. There are lot of the apps, however, I’d recommend you stay away from installing third party apps like these because they could contain harmful content.
Personally, I would recommend that you use one of the websites I’ve mentioned above to download Twitter videos on your Android phone, or download Twitter videos on your desktop and transfer them to your phone. However, if you’re hell bent on using an app, follow the steps below:
- Download the “Download Twitter Videos” app (Free)
- In the Twitter app, tap on the Share button on the video you want to download. Here, select “Download Twitter Videos”.
- You can now choose the quality in which to save the Twitter video, and that’s it.
SEE ALSO: How to Delete Twitter Account
Save Twitter Videos on your Desktop, iPhone, and Android with Ease
So as you can see, downloading or saving a Twitter video on your desktop (Mac or PC), iPhone (or another iOS device), and Android smartphone is a fairly straightforward process if you know the apps and websites, or a handy Siri Shortcut to do the trick for you. Personally, I’m extremely happy about having found a Siri Shortcut to do this task because it just makes it so easy. What about you though? How often do you find yourself wanting to download a video from Twitter? Let me know in the comments!