Among the many new features of macOS 11 Big Sur, there are improvements to iMessage. Apple has tried to bring iMessage on the Mac even closer to the experience on the iPhone this year. One of the new things in Messages for Mac are Memoji and Animoji stickers. These are pretty awesome, so let’s take a look at how to create, duplicate, and delete Memoji in macOS Big Sur.
Note: I was hoping that the Memoji I have created on my iPhone will automatically sync with the Mac, but that’s not the case for some reason. Still, creating a Memoji is fun and not difficult, so let’s get started.
Create, Duplicate, and Delete Memoji
- Launch the Messages app on your Mac, and select a new conversation. Here, click on the App Store icon on the left of the message box.
- Click on ‘Memoji Stickers‘.
- Now, click on the ‘Plus’ icon at the top-left of the pop-up.
- Click on ‘Get Started‘.
- Here, you get a lot of customisation options. You can choose your skin tone, hairstyle, eyebrow style, even eyewear and headgear. Set these up according to your preferences. Once you’re done with all that, click on ‘Done’.
- All your Memoji stickers are now ready to be used on your Mac with the Messages app.
Keep in mind that macOS Big Sur only supports Memoji Stickers. Since there isn’t the Face ID face tracking hardware on the Mac, there is no support for the face-tracking Memoji that you can use to create videos of yourself and more. Hopefully that feature will come soon, but I wouldn’t hold my breath for it.
Duplicate Memoji in macOS Big Sur
If you want to duplicate a Memoji, just follow the steps below.
- In the Messages app, go to Animoji Stickers. Then, click on the three dot button as shown in the screenshot.
- Click on ‘Duplicate’.
That’s it, you have created a duplicate of your Memoji. This makes it easier to create multiple looks for yourself. So, you can easily share Memoji stickers with different hairstyles, headwear, and more.
Delete Memoji in macOS Big Sur
You can also delete Memoji stickers from your Mac. Here’s how to do that.
- Head over to Animoji Stickers in the Messages app. Click on the three dot button as shown.
- Click on ‘Delete’.
- You will be asked for a confirmation. Just click on ‘Delete’ again.
Easily Create Memoji Stickers in macOS Big Sur
Now that you know how to create, duplicate, and delete Memoji stickers on your Mac, you can go ahead and start using Memoji stickers in macOS Big Sur. I find these stickers pretty cool because they lend a more personalised feeling to emojis, which I use a lot. Personally, Memoji is a great feature for me, and I use it on my iPhone all the time. It’s great to have them on the Mac as well now.
Anyway, what do you think about Memoji stickers? Let me know in the comments down below.